- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Arizona Cardinals Season Preview
- Disguised Nick Foles Catches Fantasy Drafters Not Drafting Nick Foles
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Tim Tebow Tried To Break Up That Violent 2007 Bar Fight In Gainesville Involving Aaron Hernandez
On Monday we wrote about the incident during Aaron Hernandez’ freshman year at the University of Florida, in which Hernandez punched a bar bouncer in the head, bursting his eardrum. Gainesville police recommended a felony battery charge, but prosecutors ended up not pursuing the case.
New details today: it seems that Tim Tebow was there, and had tried to break up the fight. Because of course, Tim Tebow. Orlando Sentinel:
When a police officer could not find Hernandez at the scene of the altercation around 1 a.m., the report states he interviewed Tebow about it.
“Tebow stated that he witnessed the dispute,” the officer wrote. “… Tebow stated that he went over to try to help resolve the conflict.”
Tebow went on to say he urged Hernandez to leave peacefully and tried to make arrangements to pay the bill.
Two hours later, another officer found Hernandez and spoke with him about the incident. Tebow was present during the interview.
Tebow was a sophomore, a couple years older than Hernandez, who was 17 at the time. Little did they know that they would briefly be teammates in the NFL, if only on paper for about two weeks. Sadly, Tebow got there about a year too late.
UPDATE: Did the University of Florida pay off the victim to keep the incident out of court?
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Wow Look At This Submission of the Week