- Should We Be Concerned About Fantasy Stars Coming Back From Injury?
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 St. Louis Rams Season Preview
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The Cost Of Slide-Kicking Ed Reed: $10,000
Remember when Tom Brady slid during the AFC championship game and did it with one leg up so that he slid into Ed Reed, and Reed had to do a little jump out of the way? Here you go:
Well, it wasn’t penalized, though Brady felt it was enough to merit an apology, and that had some complaining of star treatment. Let’s comb YouTube comments and video descriptions for a few:
of course, if it were any other QB it would have been flagged
This is why I hate Tom Brady and the Patriots, they get away with crap like this, all because Patriots is the NFL’s star team just because they’re the Patriots and Tom Brady is at the top of there Cheat Their Way Into 3 Super Bowls Pyramid, he could of seriously injured Ed Reed, I’m glad my Ravens won (naturally), NFL needs to stop protecting their lovely Patriot quarterback and fine his sorry butt
Tom Brady scrambles and slides and kicks Ed Reed INTENTIONALLY, but no call is made. But when is a call EVER made AGAINST Tom Brady.
You get the idea. But while Brady wasn’t flagged, the NFL did take some action upon further review: Brady was fined $10,000 for the play. Surely this ended the talk about preferential treatment…
The $10,000 fine Tom Brady received for his slide kick on Ed Reed is the equivalent of a $27 fine for someone making 50k a year. #Ravens
— IHJJR (@iHateJJRedick) January 24, 2013
Tom Brady was fined $10,000 for dirty Ed Reed slide, yet Frank Gore was fined $10,500 for wearing his socks too low? WTF #NFL?
— Rob Tornoe (@RobTornoe) January 24, 2013
Tom Brady kicks someone with his spike = $10k fine Frank Gore wears his socks too low = $10.5k fine#NFLLogic
— Evil Mike Tomlin (@EvilMikeTomlin) January 24, 2013
Tom Brady spiked a guy and was fined less than Frank Gore who wore his socks too low. Apparently his socks are pretty vicious at that level
— Patrick Kellogg (@PattyKeed) January 24, 2013
You just had to announce those fines at the same time, didn’t you.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs