- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Tom Brady Almost Got His White Receivers Into The White Receiver Record Books Last Night
Tom Brady had a monster night last night. He threw for 517 yards in a 38-24 win over the Dolphins – a number that’s been surpassed only a handful of times in NFL history. He threw a 99-yard touchdown pass, and for four scores in all. Even for a player like Brady, this was a special night. But if you feel like you’re missing the real story here, let’s check in with Peter Burns of Fox Sports Radio for the scoop:
I thought Tom Brady’s 364 yards to white WR’s was a record, but Norm Van Brocklin threw for 554 in 1951.
What a scrappy observation, Peter! Anyway, Van Brocklin threw for 554 yards total that game, and while not quite all of those 554 yards went to white receivers (we can’t believe we’re looking into this, either), most of them did.
Still, Van Brocklin’s 512 nearly surpasses Brady’s entire total, never mind the 364 figure quoted by Burns. And yet (egad!) the 364 number is tricky as well. Here, again, is last night’s Pats-Dolphins box score. Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Danny Woodhead, and Julian Edelman combined 261. Who was responsible for the 103 more needed? That would be Aaron Hernandez. And Hernandez, as best we can figure out from looking around the web (seriously, we looked around the web for this), is part Puerto Rican, part Italian. So while what he classifies himself as is between him and the census, we’re okay with counting him toward the total, and honestly did we seriously just spend this much time trying to figure this out? We’re off to go lie down, secure in the knowledge that MMA fighter Yves Edwards‘ fantasy team probably did well this week.
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'