- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Opposes Washington NFL Nickname Change: ‘What Are We Going To Call The Cleveland Indians? The Cleveland Aboriginals?’
Congratulations, Dan Snyder. The crack-smoking, overeating, DUI-admitting mayor of a Canadian city is behind you all the way on this nickname thing. You must be filled with pride to be aligned with Rob Ford.
Tell us Rob, what do you think of the Washington D.C. NFL nickname controversy?
“To me, that’s ridiculous,” he told reporters on Wednesday. “What are we going to call the Cleveland Indians? The Cleveland Aboriginals? Where do we start? The Skins are the Skins and I stick with the Washington Redskins.”
Good to know, but in exchange, how about changing the Toronto Argonauts to the Toronto Bloated Drugheads, with a picture of Ford eating chicken wings as the logo (see below).
Ford made the comments on the same day it was learned he would return to the airwaves as a regular on a U.S. sports radio show.
The beleaguered mayor is to appear every week on the 106.7 The Fan in Washington, D.C. on a show — generously named for lazy comedians — The Sports Junkies. Ford, who has become a late-night standard on U.S. comedy shows since his admission of smoking crack cocaine and binge drinking, is going to talk sports and give weekly NFL picks.
How does he find time amidst his busy schedule of being a parody of himself?
— SI Extra Mustard (@SI_ExtraMustard) December 4, 2013
Secret wiretaps reveal the Toronto mayor may have tried to buy the incriminating video from a gang member. http://t.co/2NcxjCVceI
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) December 5, 2013
Come for that photo, stay for a mind-bending Rob Ford story: http://t.co/an5iPL8Lgu
— Bruce Arthur (@bruce_arthur) December 5, 2013
— J.A. Adande (@jadande) December 4, 2013
— Bomani Jones (@bomani_jones) December 4, 2013
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford munches on a buffalo wing during yesterday's Falcons-Bills game (AP photo): pic.twitter.com/NMPzBgaGAC
— Andy Gray (@si_vault) December 2, 2013
- Filed Under:
- Rob Ford
- Caroline Wozniacki Thought Rory McIlroy Breakup Call Was Joke
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?