- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Opposes Washington NFL Nickname Change: ‘What Are We Going To Call The Cleveland Indians? The Cleveland Aboriginals?’
Congratulations, Dan Snyder. The crack-smoking, overeating, DUI-admitting mayor of a Canadian city is behind you all the way on this nickname thing. You must be filled with pride to be aligned with Rob Ford.
Tell us Rob, what do you think of the Washington D.C. NFL nickname controversy?
“To me, that’s ridiculous,” he told reporters on Wednesday. “What are we going to call the Cleveland Indians? The Cleveland Aboriginals? Where do we start? The Skins are the Skins and I stick with the Washington Redskins.”
Good to know, but in exchange, how about changing the Toronto Argonauts to the Toronto Bloated Drugheads, with a picture of Ford eating chicken wings as the logo (see below).
Ford made the comments on the same day it was learned he would return to the airwaves as a regular on a U.S. sports radio show.
The beleaguered mayor is to appear every week on the 106.7 The Fan in Washington, D.C. on a show — generously named for lazy comedians — The Sports Junkies. Ford, who has become a late-night standard on U.S. comedy shows since his admission of smoking crack cocaine and binge drinking, is going to talk sports and give weekly NFL picks.
How does he find time amidst his busy schedule of being a parody of himself?
— SI Extra Mustard (@SI_ExtraMustard) December 4, 2013
Secret wiretaps reveal the Toronto mayor may have tried to buy the incriminating video from a gang member. http://t.co/2NcxjCVceI
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) December 5, 2013
Come for that photo, stay for a mind-bending Rob Ford story: http://t.co/an5iPL8Lgu
— Bruce Arthur (@bruce_arthur) December 5, 2013
— J.A. Adande (@jadande) December 4, 2013
— Bomani Jones (@bomani_jones) December 4, 2013
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford munches on a buffalo wing during yesterday's Falcons-Bills game (AP photo): pic.twitter.com/NMPzBgaGAC
— Andy Gray (@si_vault) December 2, 2013
- Filed Under:
- Rob Ford
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee