- NBA Power Rankings: The Final Regular Season Edition
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Damian Lillard Kicks Off Massive Adidas Deal By Insulting Sports Legends
- Minor League Baseball Team To Offer Frog Legs At Concession Stands This Season
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Ravens’ Torrey Smith Could Only Be Stopped By His Own Hair Yesterday
The Ravens beat the Bengals 31-24 yesterday, and the play of rookie receiver Torrey Smith was a huge reason why. Smith was electric, catching six passes for 165 yards and a touchdown…and he nearly had even more than that. Smith caught a pass late in the second quarter, and for a second looked like he might be about to break through for a huge gain. And then…
…His hair happened. Or, more specifically, a Bengals defender grabbing him and bringing him to the ground by his hair happened. We’d wonder if Smith would have to think about getting a close-cropped cut now, but the tackle didn’t affect him the rest of the game – he caught a 38-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter. We’re sure it hurt, though – SI’s Jimmy Traina even said he “can’t imagine how painful” it must have been. But some people know your pain, Torrey. Some people know your pain. Additionally, here’s the tackle in gif form, via our own CJ Fogler:
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- The 10 Bloodiest Fights Of All Time
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?