- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Veltung, Baby: Rookie Seahawks’ Receiver Records 56-Inch Standing Box Jump
(Kangaroo on outskirts of Melbourne raises head, twitches ears).
So the Seahawks have a receiver from the University of Idaho, Justin Veltung, who hardly anyone has heard of but can jump like a wallaby. Pete Carroll is busy scribbling corner end zone fade plays after viewing this video, in which the undrafted rookie on Thursday did a 56-inch standing box jump. No, he didn’t get a running start — zero to 56 inches from a standing start.
To give you an idea of how amazing that is, the Guinness Book people list 58.27 inches as the world record in the standing box jump, accomplished by Jonas Huusom of Denmark in 2011. Veltung is damn close to that, and he’s probably not done growing his leaping muscles yet.
Veltung only has 62 receptions for eight touchdowns in his career, but with Seattle’s talented group of receivers, he should learn fast.
But if football doesn’t work out for him, there’s always super villainy.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts