- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Here's The Most Joyous Field Invasion You're Ever Likely To See (Video)
- Presenting The Portland Raiders: Everyone In The Black Hole Will Wear Flannel
- UPDATE: Ken Griffey Jr. Issues Apology After Awkward SportsCenter Interview
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Here Is Jonathan Vilma’s Defamation Lawsuit Against Roger Goodell
Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma is suing NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for defamation. The complaint was filed in federal court in Louisiana, and alleges that Goodell “made public statements concerning Vilma which were false, defamatory and injurious… to Vilma’s professional and personal reputation.”
Vilma was suspended for the upcoming season by Goodell, as a result of his role in the New Orleans Bountygate scandal. We are on record as saying that suspension is bullshit, but whether the public comments Goodell made regarding the suspension are enough to prove that Vilma was defamed remains to be seen. Essentially, it becomes a question as to whether or not filing this complaint is itself the “fuck you” to Goodell, or if Vilma (and his lawyers) thinks there is a case in here. We’ll obviously be following this one closely.
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes