- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Here Is Jonathan Vilma’s Defamation Lawsuit Against Roger Goodell
Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma is suing NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for defamation. The complaint was filed in federal court in Louisiana, and alleges that Goodell “made public statements concerning Vilma which were false, defamatory and injurious… to Vilma’s professional and personal reputation.”
Vilma was suspended for the upcoming season by Goodell, as a result of his role in the New Orleans Bountygate scandal. We are on record as saying that suspension is bullshit, but whether the public comments Goodell made regarding the suspension are enough to prove that Vilma was defamed remains to be seen. Essentially, it becomes a question as to whether or not filing this complaint is itself the “fuck you” to Goodell, or if Vilma (and his lawyers) thinks there is a case in here. We’ll obviously be following this one closely.
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ