- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
When You Interview A Bronco In The Black Hole, Expect To Be Drowned Out By Booing Raider Fans
As good as Peyton Manning as been and as immensely as his acquisition has improved the Broncos, there’s a strong case to be made that Denver’s best player this season has been linebacker Von Miller. Miller, who’s among the frontrunners for defensive player of the year honors, currently sports 57 tackles, 16 sacks, six forced fumbles, and an interception returned for a touchdown on the season, and following a typically strong performance against the Raiders last night (four tackles, a sack and a forced fumble), it made sense that the NFL Network’s crew would want to talk to him.
So Miller made his way over to the tent… by which a throng of (mostly) Raiders fans still remained in the stands. You know how Raiders fans do things. They did not go quietly, and they weren’t about to let some interview with a guy who just beat them slow them down:
That was about as well as anyone could have hoped it would go, really – there wasn’t even any on-camera profanity (that I heard, at least). For the Black Hole, that practically qualifies at heartwarming. And good on Miller for showing some love to the only people in that front row who wanted any part of shaking his hand. They earned it braving hostile territory like that. Von Miller: the anti-LeBron.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success