- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Von Miller Tebowed After A Sack Last Night, Proving Once Again Tebowing Will Never Die
Who could blame Von Miller for being excited? It was a great night for him (four tackles – all for a loss – including two sacks), for his Broncos in general (a 31-19 opening night win over the Steelers)… oh, and also the Broncos have a new quarterback who was pretty good too. He’s from Louisiana or something.
Anyway, Miller helped the Broncos wrap up the game by wrapping up Ben Roethlisberger twice on the Steelers’ last drive, and when he got those sacks, he did what players do when they sack the quarterback: he celebrated. And these weren’t just any celebrations. First, he evoked the legendary celebratory stylings of Billy “White Shoes” Johnson. And for the second one, well:
Is this full-circle for Tebowing? Tebow’s own former teammates doing it? Is it an Ouroboros moment in which the meme eats itself alive and ultimately swallows itself, forming a Tebow black hole into which anyone who henceforth attempts a Tebow will be sucked in, never to return? Maybe it’s just Miller paying a quick tribute to a guy who, despite his glaring lack of traditional quarterbacking skills, did take the Broncos on a hell of a ride last year? Or hey, maybe he just wanted to make my job easier:
“I love blogs.” — Von Miller
— Dan Devine (@YourManDevine) September 10, 2012
Well, Von, if it’s that one, rest assured: the feeling is mutual.
Video by CJ Fogler.
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?