- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Watch The Real NFL Referees Tip Their Caps To A Standing Ovation In Baltimore
The referee lockout that was produced some of the stranger sights we’ve ever seen come out of the NFL. But perhaps none were weirder than what happened at the end of the lockout, tonight in Baltimore. Did there ever come a day you thought you’d see fans stand up and cheer for our dear old zebras, as they tip our caps back at us in gratitude? Well, the two of you got your wish.
I guess we kind of expected this to happen, and with the context surrounding it, the ovation was definitely not a surprise. But taken way out of context, America is cheering for referees. These guys are usually the bane of our collective sports experience. They’re drones with whom we feel an otherworldly comfort spewing profane epithets at when something bad happens to our team. And now we’re giving them the royal treatment.
But context, people! Context! I’m sure you all felt the same warmth and comfort I did when our favorite old refs took the field. It does always seem to go that you don’t know what you got ’til it’s gone, and now we know. I’d hug Ed Hochuli myself, I just don’t want to get called for holding.
- The Ridiculous Way Rajon Rondo Might Have Broken His Hand
- Bella Talks Cena Relationship
- Backstage News On WWE Protecting Cena and Orton
- Stacy Keibler Looking AMAZING on All Fours