- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Watch The Real NFL Referees Tip Their Caps To A Standing Ovation In Baltimore
The referee lockout that was produced some of the stranger sights we’ve ever seen come out of the NFL. But perhaps none were weirder than what happened at the end of the lockout, tonight in Baltimore. Did there ever come a day you thought you’d see fans stand up and cheer for our dear old zebras, as they tip our caps back at us in gratitude? Well, the two of you got your wish.
I guess we kind of expected this to happen, and with the context surrounding it, the ovation was definitely not a surprise. But taken way out of context, America is cheering for referees. These guys are usually the bane of our collective sports experience. They’re drones with whom we feel an otherworldly comfort spewing profane epithets at when something bad happens to our team. And now we’re giving them the royal treatment.
But context, people! Context! I’m sure you all felt the same warmth and comfort I did when our favorite old refs took the field. It does always seem to go that you don’t know what you got ’til it’s gone, and now we know. I’d hug Ed Hochuli myself, I just don’t want to get called for holding.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?