- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
You’re Better Than This, Steel City: Pittsburgh To Host Most Pathetic Rally Ever
Apparently the city of Pittsburgh is really bitter that the Steelers didn’t win the Super Bowl this year — or more specifically, that it didn’t get a parade.
That being said, whoever is in charge of orchestrating these … events … has decided to go ahead and host a celebration anyway — for what is easily the most ridiculous reason in the history of over-the-top, unnecessary revelry.
The city of Pittsburgh will hold a rally at noon Thursday to honor Hines Ward‘s victory in ABC-TV’s “Dancing with the Stars” competition.
Yes, some people are presumably going to take the day off from work to celebrate their wide receiver’s win in a reality T.V. show. If that’s not a sign of the Apocalypse, we don’t know what is. We certainly don’t recall Apolo Ohno getting this kind of treatment, or Dallas rolling out the red carpet for Emmitt Smith when he and partner Cheryl Burke took home the top prize. So what makes Pittsburgh so special?
According to Mayor Luke Ravenstahl:
“City residents and the Steelers Nation have contacted my office asking for the city to properly thank our hometown hero for once-again shining the spotlight on Pittsburgh.”
In an effort to lend some credibility to the cause and at least pretend it has something to do with football:
Fans are encouraged to wear black and gold and bring Terrible Towels to the rally.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts