- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Blackhawks Fan Hospitalized With Heart Attack, Hawks Almost Give Him Another One
Dave Thomas, a Chicago Blackhawks fan from the suburb Oswego, was watching last night’s Stanley Cup Finals matchup against the Boston Bruins on television when he had a heart attack. He had to be transported to the local hospital in Naperville, Illinois, where he continued to watch the game from a hospital bed.
In the picture above, Thomas is nothing but smiles as he gives a thumbs up while watching the game in what appears to be either a Patrick Kane or Marion Hossa jersey, but he did take issue with the team’s play and it’s effect on his health.
“My heart monitor was off the charts and I was yelling like I was in a bar,” Thomas said in an email to NBC Chicago. “The whole cardio floor had the game on! I love my Hawks, but guys, you’re killing me for real!”
Thomas told NBC Chicago that the team put him in danger of a second heart attack, which isn’t surprising considering they blew multiple leads late in the game.
The Blackhawks had a 3-1 lead at one point, but the score was 4-4 by early in the third period after Chicago allowed two goals in just over four minutes. Another Chicago lead was blown less than a minute after Patrick Sharp put them ahead 5-4 when Johnny Boychuk again knotted up the score.
Thomas’ Blackhawks did go on to win, but it took an overtime period for them to do it, which almost certainly was not what his heart needed. He said that he hopes to be out of the hospital in time for Game 5.
We wish Dave a speedy recovery.
Story and photo via NBC Chicago
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Jets Unsuccessfully Attempt to Convince Superfan to Return to Games
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy