- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Let’s Watch A “Super Drunk” Red Wings Prospect Get Arrested In A Teletubby Costume
Detroit Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan made the rounds on the internet on Tuesday for his arrest over the weekend. The details were particularly hilarious, with Sheahan being arrested for having a BAC four times the legal limit and showing the police an ID that was not his own. Oh yeah, and he was wearing a purple teletubby costume (Tinky Winky, for the unenlightened).
Here’s more, via MLive:
“Sheahan, the Red Wings top pick in the 2010 NHL draft, was pulled over shortly before midnight on Oct. 29 for driving a 2012 Jeep Wrangler the wrong way on Ottawa Avenue NW, near Pearl Street. Police initially believed they had arrested Smith before learning later in the night that it was Sheahan.
The [police] report reads:
‘Riley had a Michigan driver’s license in the license window in his wallet, which is what Officer Dyer used as his ID. Deputies found Riley’s Canadian license in the wallet after it was turned in with his property and he kept telling them his name was Riley.
Riley is only 20 and I asked him if he had Branden’s (sic) ID so he could get in the bars. He shook his head yes and stated ‘yea.””
Sheahan faces up to 180 days in jail and possible deportation to Canada (the horror!) should he face the worst of the worst. Because according to Michigan law, Sheahan was classified by the highly technical term “super drunk.”
That was the end of the story, we thought. That is until video of the arrest surfaced, which we feel obligated to share with you. Not that anything especially noteworthy happens, besides the whole purple teletubby arrest thing, but we figured that the visible truth was better than the imagination. There’s also Sheahan’s shameful realization when the cuffs are put on. “Shit. I was totally just arrested for driving the wrong way while “super drunk” and carrying a fake ID and wearing a purple teletubby costume.” Thank god for police dashboard cameras.
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Top 10: The Best Title Fights