- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Ilya Bryzgalov’s Sweet Winter Classic Mask Pays Homage to Philly Sports
Ilya Bryzgalov and the Philadelphia Flyers may have lost the Winter Classic, but when it comes to fashion statements, the Broad Street goalie may have completely won with this mask. The keeper’s helm was donned with images and other tributes to Philly’s sports greats like Mike Schmidt, Dr. J and Harry Kalas, as well as a really cool tribute to Flyers broadcaster, Gene Hart. Chitwood and Hobbs with more:
The airbrush design was handled by Pennsylvania’s own Drummond Custom Airbrush. Franny Drummond was able to shoehorn Reggie White, Julius Erving, Mike Schmidt and Bobby Clarke. If you look hard enough you can also make out the old Veterans Stadium and the “HK” patch worn over the hearts on Phillies players in 2009 to honor the great play-by-play announcer, Harry Kalas. Right below the cage is the Philly Phanatic, which needed to be explained in detail to the Russian born Ilya Bryzgalov. Perhaps the finest detail is the pennant reading “Good Night and Good Hockey,” the signature phrase used by the Flyers announcer, Gene Hart. Well done.
Well done, indeed.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Compilation of TKO's, Injuries and Submissions of MMA
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy