- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Ilya Bryzgalov’s Sweet Winter Classic Mask Pays Homage to Philly Sports
Ilya Bryzgalov and the Philadelphia Flyers may have lost the Winter Classic, but when it comes to fashion statements, the Broad Street goalie may have completely won with this mask. The keeper’s helm was donned with images and other tributes to Philly’s sports greats like Mike Schmidt, Dr. J and Harry Kalas, as well as a really cool tribute to Flyers broadcaster, Gene Hart. Chitwood and Hobbs with more:
The airbrush design was handled by Pennsylvania’s own Drummond Custom Airbrush. Franny Drummond was able to shoehorn Reggie White, Julius Erving, Mike Schmidt and Bobby Clarke. If you look hard enough you can also make out the old Veterans Stadium and the “HK” patch worn over the hearts on Phillies players in 2009 to honor the great play-by-play announcer, Harry Kalas. Right below the cage is the Philly Phanatic, which needed to be explained in detail to the Russian born Ilya Bryzgalov. Perhaps the finest detail is the pennant reading “Good Night and Good Hockey,” the signature phrase used by the Flyers announcer, Gene Hart. Well done.
Well done, indeed.
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Provodnikov's Falling Star