- WEEK 4 NFL POWER RANKINGS: Yo Guys, Come Check This Out We Have A New #1!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Week 4: Three Locks, Two Value Plays And One Shocker
- MLB Says They Will Speed Up Game, But We Don't Believe Them
- The Most Honest Thing Anyone From The NFL Has Said About The Ray Rice Scandal
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The NHL Season Just Started, But This Will Probably Be The Save of The Year
The Blue Jackets beat the Stars 2-1 in Columbus last night. Both teams now sit at 2-3-1 on the young, lockout-shortened season. Sounds unremarkable, right? WRONG:
Everything about this clip is perfect: obviously, the save itself by the Stars’ Kari Lehtonen, but on top of that, everyone’s reactions: the celebrating Blue Jackets who, quite understandably, thing there’s no way they didn’t just score, and the announcers who think the same thing. That amazed “No he did not!” is, we think, meant to convey that Columbus in fact didn’t score, but it could just as easily mean, “No he did not just make that save!”
Normally we’d say something like, “Just consider the reflexes, awareness, and reaction time involved in making a save like this,” but… it’s not even worth thinking about. It would fry your brain trying to fully comprehend how that save happened. Lehtonen probably couldn’t even tell you how he did it, now that he’s not in the moment. All that’s left to do is stare at this one in amazement. Poor Blue Jackets – even when they win, the main story is something going wrong for them.
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?