- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Little Blackhawks Fan Answers Math Quiz Question ‘9×9 = Hossa’, Gets A+
At Columbus Manor Elementary School, they take their math seriously. Mrs. Mech in the third grade? Tough teacher. Tough but fair.
When Maggie Ciara took a math quiz recently, she answered one of the questions in an unconventional way. What is 9×9? Maggie responded: ‘9×9 = Hossa.’ That’s for Blackhawks’ wing Marian Hossa, who wears No. 81.
“I thought it would be funny to do it,” Maggie, a third-grader said from her Oak Lawn home Thursday.
Her teacher, Christine Mech, circled the answer and wrote “What is this?” in red pen. When Maggie explained her response, Mech gave her credit, and she received an A+.
“Maggie is a very clever little girl,” said Mech, who’s a Hawks fan and knew what Maggie was up to. “I love the way Maggie has a sense of humor. She did get her 100 percent on the quiz, and we had a little bit of a laugh afterward.”
Maggie’s mother put it all on Facebook, of course. Soon the Blackhawks put it on their Facebook page, and now it’s going viral.
Diane Daisy Jucius Ciara
This is what my daughter brings home today. She wrote this six more times for an answer and still got an A+!!!
Don’t know what the big deal is. 9×9 does equal Hossa.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?