- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Mike Eruzione’s Game-Worn Miracle On Ice Jersey Has A Seven-Figure Price Tag
Your diehard hockey-fan friend has a large hole in his or her heart this holiday season. As you ponder what to stuff that person’s stocking with to ease the pain of the lockout, consider this: Mike Eruzione’s game-worn jersey from the 1980 Winter Olympics semifinal against the U.S.S.R. It would be a once-in-a-lifetime item to have and it’s up for sale. Unfortunately, you definitely can’t buy it.
That’s because it’s going for at least $1,000,000. A million dollars. For a sweater. A very important sweater at that. Puck Daddy has the details:
Eruzione’s game-worn jersey is one of three items cosigned to Heritage Auctions’ upcoming Winter Platinum Night auction in Manhaattan next February. Alongside the white “Miracle” jersey, Eruzione has put up the stick he was using when he scored the game-winning goal, and the jersey he was wearing in the gold-medal game versus Finland.
Those items are estimated at $100,000 and $200,000, respectively, according to Sports Business Daily.
Eruzione scored the go-ahead goal for the United States, sealing the 4-3 victory against the Soviets in a game that has become one of the most iconic sports events ever. The U.S. captain is the consummate American hero — is the fact that his jersey is going for a million bucks on the open market even a surprise?
No, it isn’t, but a million-dollar sweater doesn’t come around every so often. I’d say this one deserves it. ‘Muhrica.
[Puck Daddy, Getty Images]
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts