- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Mike Eruzione’s Game-Worn Miracle On Ice Jersey Has A Seven-Figure Price Tag
Your diehard hockey-fan friend has a large hole in his or her heart this holiday season. As you ponder what to stuff that person’s stocking with to ease the pain of the lockout, consider this: Mike Eruzione’s game-worn jersey from the 1980 Winter Olympics semifinal against the U.S.S.R. It would be a once-in-a-lifetime item to have and it’s up for sale. Unfortunately, you definitely can’t buy it.
That’s because it’s going for at least $1,000,000. A million dollars. For a sweater. A very important sweater at that. Puck Daddy has the details:
Eruzione’s game-worn jersey is one of three items cosigned to Heritage Auctions’ upcoming Winter Platinum Night auction in Manhaattan next February. Alongside the white “Miracle” jersey, Eruzione has put up the stick he was using when he scored the game-winning goal, and the jersey he was wearing in the gold-medal game versus Finland.
Those items are estimated at $100,000 and $200,000, respectively, according to Sports Business Daily.
Eruzione scored the go-ahead goal for the United States, sealing the 4-3 victory against the Soviets in a game that has become one of the most iconic sports events ever. The U.S. captain is the consummate American hero — is the fact that his jersey is going for a million bucks on the open market even a surprise?
No, it isn’t, but a million-dollar sweater doesn’t come around every so often. I’d say this one deserves it. ‘Muhrica.
[Puck Daddy, Getty Images]
- Filed Under:
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy