- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Presenting Two Very Different Opinions On Thomas Hertl’s Between-The-Legs Goal
The goal of the year so far goes to 19-year-old Thomas Hertl of the San Jose Sharks, who capped off a four-score performance with this between-the-legs beauty. Most people saw that goal and said some variation of “Wow, that was cool,” because it was cool.
Now, here are two very different opinions on that goal. First up, Adam Oates, the coach of the Capitals:
“I’m upset. I was just talking to George [McPhee] and he said all the kids do that nowadays, which I understand. But would he have done it on his first goal?”
“I think it was a little bit of a mood thing, which I’m sure they talked about, because they didn’t play him after that,” Oates continued. “I’m glad the coach did that because this league, it will bite you if you’re not sharp. Don’t disrespect the league. I’m sure it was a rookie mistake.”
And here’s Hertl’s teammate, Joe Thorton:
“I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it.”
So there you have it. While most of us probably fall somewhere in between these two extremes, you now know how two more-or-less crazy people feel about the situation.
Photo via Getty
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications
- Bob Ley Fires Back at LeBron After 'Don't Watch ESPN' Remark
- Who Will the Knicks Trade for Jeremy Lin?
- Ray Rice Drags Unconscious Fiancee Out of Elevator