- SportsGrid's Week 16 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Painful
- NFL Logos Transformed Into Soccer Badges (Round 2)
- The 50 Greatest Sports Moments Of 2013 (VIDEO MONTAGE)
- New Mike Zaun Francesa Parody: WWII
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Rangers And Senators Attempt To Improve Hockey By Introducing Second Puck
A puck on the back of the net doesn’t usually generate much interest. If they are putting a different one into play, it becomes far more interesting.
As the linesman is doing a little ice repair work, NBC’s cameras catch a look at a second puck on the back of the net. Since nobody on the ice is aware, the puck is still there when play continues. Naturally, rather than sit there innocuously until discovered during a whistle, the puck immediately gets involved in the action. Although the broadcast crew doesn’t catch it – watch carefully as the puck in play ends up on the back of the net, causing the second puck to pop off the netting and actually become the live puck.
No harm done, an icing would occur shortly thereafter and with players alerting the officials to the second puck, order was restored. The second puck’s origin is still a mystery, perhaps the baseball tradition of throwing the ball back on the field of play is taking root at Madison Square Garden.
- Jon Gruden Open to Texas Job?
- Floyd Mayweather Not Convinced That Pacquiao Is Ready
- Nick Saban's New Contract Are on an NFL Level
- Richard Schaefer Eyes Bernard Hopkins-Beibut Shumenov 'Immediately'