- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Daily Yam: Looks Like There’s Going To Be A Game 7! Oh, Wait…
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, the Blackhawks were down one with less than two minutes remaining… and then they won the Stanley Cup. Simple as that.
Your Daily Yam.
Game 6 of this series had as much drama as Game 6 of the NBA Finals, though the stakes were a little different. There could have been a Game 7 for the Blackhawks, but they wanted to get this over with right away. Unlike the Spurs, they made it happen: After pulling their goalie, Bryan Bickell was able to force home the game-tying goal with 1:16 left:
After that, it seemed like we were headed for yet another overtime period. But before anyone had time to register that the game had been tied, Dave Bolland — just 17 seconds later — scored again. Series over. Season over.
Congrats to the Blackhawks. You did some real good hockey playing.
What Else Happened Last Night?
A few MLB games: the Indians beat the Orioles 5-2 in Baltimore; the Dodgers 3-1 over the Giants as Yasiel Puig homered again.
What’s On Tap Today?
Turn on ESPN, they’ve got first-round Wimbledon action; Reds-As at 10:05 p.m. ET should be good too.
It’s Tuesday. Get happy.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story