- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The Daily Yam: Sidney Crosby Went Into Beast Mode, Put The Team On His Back
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you the top play from the night before, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, Sidney Crosby muscled his way past the Islanders’ defense to put home an outstanding goal.
Your Daily Yam.
With no basketball last night, we turn to the NHL playoffs, where a fierce battle is raging between the Islanders and Penguins. The series returned to Pittsburgh for Game 5, and Sid the Kid pulled a Marshawn Lynch, sorta, in the second period:
He added an assist to help the Pens win 4-0 and go up 3-2 in the series. Playoff hockey is the best (hockey).
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Senators closed out the Canadiens and the Blackhawks dismissed the Wild, each team winning their series 4-1; the Braves beat up on the Giants 6-3.
What’s On Tap Today?
Heat-Bulls at 8 p.m. ET; Spurs-Warriors at 10:30 p.m. ET; the Bruins will try to finish off the Maple Leafs at 7 p.m. ET.
It’s Friday. Gotta get down.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions