- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
This Photo of Late NHLer Wade Belak With His Daughter Will Melt, And Break, Your Heart
Wade Belak, a former NHL enforcer who retired earlier this year to pursue a career in broadcasting, was found dead in Toronto today. He was 35. The Toronto Sun reported Belak hanged himself. Belak’s is the latest tragedy to befall the NHL this year, following the deaths of the Rangers’ Derek Boogaard and the Jets’ Rick Rypien. When there are so many tragedies in such a short time, it can be easy to forget each of these guys was, well, a person, with his own story and life. The picture of Belak with his young daughter above, though, brings that sharply into focus. The perception of him certainly wasn’t that of a guy who’d take his own life. Looking at that photo, we can see why not. RIP. [h/t Katie Baker, Photo via]
- Filed Under:
- Nashville Predators
- JR Smith's Slick Trick
- Does Richard Sherman Deserve Another Punch in the Face
- Michelle Obama Photobombs Miami Heat
- Why Do Roy Hibbert & Stone Cold Steve Austin Have Twitter Beef?