- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
This Photo of Late NHLer Wade Belak With His Daughter Will Melt, And Break, Your Heart
Wade Belak, a former NHL enforcer who retired earlier this year to pursue a career in broadcasting, was found dead in Toronto today. He was 35. The Toronto Sun reported Belak hanged himself. Belak’s is the latest tragedy to befall the NHL this year, following the deaths of the Rangers’ Derek Boogaard and the Jets’ Rick Rypien. When there are so many tragedies in such a short time, it can be easy to forget each of these guys was, well, a person, with his own story and life. The picture of Belak with his young daughter above, though, brings that sharply into focus. The perception of him certainly wasn’t that of a guy who’d take his own life. Looking at that photo, we can see why not. RIP. [h/t Katie Baker, Photo via]
- Filed Under:
- Nashville Predators
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts