- NBA Power Rankings: The Final Regular Season Edition
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Damian Lillard Kicks Off Massive Adidas Deal By Insulting Sports Legends
- Minor League Baseball Team To Offer Frog Legs At Concession Stands This Season
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
This Photo of Late NHLer Wade Belak With His Daughter Will Melt, And Break, Your Heart
Wade Belak, a former NHL enforcer who retired earlier this year to pursue a career in broadcasting, was found dead in Toronto today. He was 35. The Toronto Sun reported Belak hanged himself. Belak’s is the latest tragedy to befall the NHL this year, following the deaths of the Rangers’ Derek Boogaard and the Jets’ Rick Rypien. When there are so many tragedies in such a short time, it can be easy to forget each of these guys was, well, a person, with his own story and life. The picture of Belak with his young daughter above, though, brings that sharply into focus. The perception of him certainly wasn’t that of a guy who’d take his own life. Looking at that photo, we can see why not. RIP. [h/t Katie Baker, Photo via]
- Filed Under:
- Nashville Predators
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- The 10 Bloodiest Fights Of All Time
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?