- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Listening To Announcers Say This Fight Might Change The Momentum Of Last Night’s Flyers-Islanders Game Is Sad In Hindsight
It was understandable for Islanders fans to have some hope that when the Isles’ Matt Martin got into it with the Flyers’ Wayne Simmonds early in the second period of the teams’ game last night, the game might start to swing the Isles’ way. They were down 2-0 at the time, having surrendered a goal in the opening seconds of the second, but far from out – two-goal deficits can be overcome, especially with that kind of time left. So why wouldn’t the announcers give the fans watching hope that maybe this was the spark their team needed? Here’s how the Battle of the 17s went down:
Not a resounding victory for Martin or anything, but he held his own. Not unreasonable to think that might spark his team the way a coach flipping out on a ref sometimes sparks a team, right? Well, let’s look at the final score, to see how it worked:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story