- THANK YOU COCAINE: Puma Gets PWND By Twitter In Epic Marketing Fail
- Everybody Get On The Connor Shaw Hype Train
- TONIGHT SHOW: Tiger Breaks Jimmy Fallon's Balls, Fallon Breaks Rory McIlroy's Face
- This Isn't The First Time Steve Ballmer Has Gone Bananas At An Event
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Listening To Announcers Say This Fight Might Change The Momentum Of Last Night’s Flyers-Islanders Game Is Sad In Hindsight
It was understandable for Islanders fans to have some hope that when the Isles’ Matt Martin got into it with the Flyers’ Wayne Simmonds early in the second period of the teams’ game last night, the game might start to swing the Isles’ way. They were down 2-0 at the time, having surrendered a goal in the opening seconds of the second, but far from out – two-goal deficits can be overcome, especially with that kind of time left. So why wouldn’t the announcers give the fans watching hope that maybe this was the spark their team needed? Here’s how the Battle of the 17s went down:
Not a resounding victory for Martin or anything, but he held his own. Not unreasonable to think that might spark his team the way a coach flipping out on a ref sometimes sparks a team, right? Well, let’s look at the final score, to see how it worked:
- Drew Brees "Randomly" Drug Tested After Career Comments
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'