- The 38 Sexiest Photos Of This Year's Pro Bowl Cheerleaders
- The USC Swim Team Sent Outsports A Very Interesting Christmas Card
- This Is What Happens In A World Where Miley Cyrus Almost Wins Time's 'Person Of The Year'
- Deadspin Knowingly Released Information That Got The Tony Dungy-USC Prankster Arrested
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Listening To Announcers Say This Fight Might Change The Momentum Of Last Night’s Flyers-Islanders Game Is Sad In Hindsight
It was understandable for Islanders fans to have some hope that when the Isles’ Matt Martin got into it with the Flyers’ Wayne Simmonds early in the second period of the teams’ game last night, the game might start to swing the Isles’ way. They were down 2-0 at the time, having surrendered a goal in the opening seconds of the second, but far from out – two-goal deficits can be overcome, especially with that kind of time left. So why wouldn’t the announcers give the fans watching hope that maybe this was the spark their team needed? Here’s how the Battle of the 17s went down:
Not a resounding victory for Martin or anything, but he held his own. Not unreasonable to think that might spark his team the way a coach flipping out on a ref sometimes sparks a team, right? Well, let’s look at the final score, to see how it worked:
- Moment Of Truth Fight in the Philippines
- Top 10 Underclassmen in College Football
- The Motown Meltdown
- Is This The Best Catch of All Time?