- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Listening To Announcers Say This Fight Might Change The Momentum Of Last Night’s Flyers-Islanders Game Is Sad In Hindsight
It was understandable for Islanders fans to have some hope that when the Isles’ Matt Martin got into it with the Flyers’ Wayne Simmonds early in the second period of the teams’ game last night, the game might start to swing the Isles’ way. They were down 2-0 at the time, having surrendered a goal in the opening seconds of the second, but far from out – two-goal deficits can be overcome, especially with that kind of time left. So why wouldn’t the announcers give the fans watching hope that maybe this was the spark their team needed? Here’s how the Battle of the 17s went down:
Not a resounding victory for Martin or anything, but he held his own. Not unreasonable to think that might spark his team the way a coach flipping out on a ref sometimes sparks a team, right? Well, let’s look at the final score, to see how it worked:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts