- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
This Photo Of A Blackhawks Fan Who Got Hit In The Face With A Puck Gets Way More Graphic After The Jump
Lucky: Caitlin Higgins had just put her face inside her Chicago Blackhawks jersey to cough when a puck flew by her face. Unlucky: It hit her mother.
Dr. Patricia Higgins, 55, received the wounds you see below when she was hit by a puck toward the end of regulation during Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs between the Blackhawks and Bruins in Chicago. She underwent surgery at Rush University Medical Center. Chicago Sun-Times:
The puck opened a 1½-inch bone-deep gash extending from the bridge of her nose through her right eyebrow. It required “a ton of internal and external stiches” from a plastic surgeon but did not cause any internal damage, Caitlin Higgins said.
The puck sailed over the glass in the 100 level at the United Center.
“She’ll have a nice shiner for a while,” Caitlin Higgins said. “I just keep thinking ‘If only I’d raised my hands, I could have deflected the puck,’ or if my brother had been at the game and not me, he’s tall, the puck would have bounced off his chest and left a bruise.”
Photo: Steve Dahl, www.dahl.com.
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- KO of the Week: Palomino v Macaco
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce