- NBA Power Rankings: The Final Regular Season Edition
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Damian Lillard Kicks Off Massive Adidas Deal By Insulting Sports Legends
- Minor League Baseball Team To Offer Frog Legs At Concession Stands This Season
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
This Photo Of A Blackhawks Fan Who Got Hit In The Face With A Puck Gets Way More Graphic After The Jump
Lucky: Caitlin Higgins had just put her face inside her Chicago Blackhawks jersey to cough when a puck flew by her face. Unlucky: It hit her mother.
Dr. Patricia Higgins, 55, received the wounds you see below when she was hit by a puck toward the end of regulation during Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs between the Blackhawks and Bruins in Chicago. She underwent surgery at Rush University Medical Center. Chicago Sun-Times:
The puck opened a 1½-inch bone-deep gash extending from the bridge of her nose through her right eyebrow. It required “a ton of internal and external stiches” from a plastic surgeon but did not cause any internal damage, Caitlin Higgins said.
The puck sailed over the glass in the 100 level at the United Center.
“She’ll have a nice shiner for a while,” Caitlin Higgins said. “I just keep thinking ‘If only I’d raised my hands, I could have deflected the puck,’ or if my brother had been at the game and not me, he’s tall, the puck would have bounced off his chest and left a bruise.”
Photo: Steve Dahl, www.dahl.com.
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.