- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Finland Upset Russia In The Olympic Hockey Quarters, And All Of Russia Is Crying
Finland upset Russia, 3-1, in the men’s Olympic hockey quarterfinals in Sochi this morning. Which means that everybody should be scared for their lives. The Russians were right behind Canada as gold-medal favorites… and they won’t medal at all, at home. Putin angry.
Finland leads Russia 3-1 entering the third period. Elimination hockey! pic.twitter.com/smrhd2YmXb
— SB Nation (@sbnation) February 19, 2014
(That’s Teemu Selanne with Vladimir Putin, if you didn’t know.)
Alex Ovechkin disappointed.
Russia has been eliminated from the Olympic tournament. Ovechkin scored once, in game one, on his first shot.
— RMNB (@russianmachine) February 19, 2014
Russian coach singles out Alex Ovechkin. "I can not explain" how he didn't score more than one goal.
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) February 19, 2014
Tick, tick, tick. Russia down 3-1 with 2:27 left. Wait 34 years for Olympics, eliminated from signature sport in quarters
— Dan Wolken (@DanWolken) February 19, 2014
Also, it took a 3-1 deficit for the Russians to put in their Vezina Trophy winning goalie:
With the benefit of hindsight, perhaps Russia should have started this Bobrovsky fellow
— Bruce Arthur (@bruce_arthur) February 19, 2014
And the decision not to play Putin was strange:
BREAKING: The Russians have just announced that Vladimir Putin has been named GM, Coach & Captain of Team Russia 2018 pic.twitter.com/JCfwBIhNLD
— Engelland's Eye (@EngellandsEye) February 19, 2014
The sun sets on Russia pic.twitter.com/jYQ8ZS3Ec3
— Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) February 19, 2014
The Moscow Times:
— The Moscow News (@themoscownews) February 19, 2014
And, oh, yeah. The victors. And their awesome jerseys.
— CBC Olympics (@CBCOlympics) February 19, 2014
Finland will face Sweden in the semifinals. USA plays at noon.
- Filed Under:
- Sochi Olympics
- The Ridiculous Way Rajon Rondo Might Have Broken His Hand
- Bella Talks Cena Relationship
- Backstage News On WWE Protecting Cena and Orton
- Stacy Keibler Looking AMAZING on All Fours