- SIR CHARLES IN CHARGE: The 14 Best #NBASitcoms
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Let's Play 'Find Everyone On The Clippers A New Team To Play For'
- Did Rays' Pitcher Joel Peralta Contract A Mosquito-Borne Tropical Illness?
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Hilary Knight Describes The Rivalry Between The Women’s U.S. And Canadian Hockey Teams: ‘Hatred’s Pretty Good’
There were no fights in the preliminary round game between the U.S. and Canadian women’s hockey teams, which seems to go against everything that hockey stands for. But when these two teams play again (and trust us, they will play again), this fire is going to be stoked as hell. Dan Patrick sat down with American forward Hilary Knight today, and he asked her about her feelings for the Canadian team. No surprises here:
“We normally don’t see women’s sports where the world ‘hatred’ is involved. Is hatred a fair word to use between the United States and Canada? Or you got a better word?”
“No, hatred’s pretty good… when we get between the glass and it’s U.S. versus Canada, it’s everything on the line, it’s a great game to be a part of.”
So she backed off it a little at the end, but this is the kind of thoughtful, level-headed trash talk we like to see. You know it’s going down in the gold medal match.
Screencap via NBC
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Larry Holmes told King He Can't Beat Tyson