- Fantasy Football Offensive Primer For The 2014 NFL Season
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brian Hoyer Is The Starter In Cleveland, But Not For Long
- The NFL's VP Of Officiating Explains The Crazy Spike In Penalties
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Sometimes All You Have To Do To Win Gold Is Not Fall Down
The women’s 500 meter short track finals ended in spectacularly brutal fashion when three of the four skaters collided and crashed, allowing then-fourth place skater Jianrou Li of China to rocket into first and take the gold medal.
Twenty seconds into the race, Park Seung-Hi (Korea) led Arianna Fontana (Italy) and Elise Christie (Great Britain) with Li bringing up the rear. Christie tried to make a pass on one of the turns and ended up wiping out everyone except Li, who went on to win the race by six seconds.
Here’s a GIF below, via BI Sports (footage via BBC):
The resulting photos of the crash and its emotional aftermath are just spectacular:
This is why you never, ever give up. You never know when your opponents will go crashing into the wall through no fault of their own.
Photos via Getty
- Filed Under:
- Sochi Winter Olympics
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts