- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Sometimes All You Have To Do To Win Gold Is Not Fall Down
The women’s 500 meter short track finals ended in spectacularly brutal fashion when three of the four skaters collided and crashed, allowing then-fourth place skater Jianrou Li of China to rocket into first and take the gold medal.
Twenty seconds into the race, Park Seung-Hi (Korea) led Arianna Fontana (Italy) and Elise Christie (Great Britain) with Li bringing up the rear. Christie tried to make a pass on one of the turns and ended up wiping out everyone except Li, who went on to win the race by six seconds.
Here’s a GIF below, via BI Sports (footage via BBC):
The resulting photos of the crash and its emotional aftermath are just spectacular:
This is why you never, ever give up. You never know when your opponents will go crashing into the wall through no fault of their own.
Photos via Getty
- Filed Under:
- Sochi Winter Olympics
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement