- Tigers Outfielder Gets Traded In Middle Of Game, Walks Off To Standing Ovation
- The Top 9 Sports-Related Moments From 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- The Xpert Eye: MLB Trade Deadline Special Edition -- Who's Going Where?
- VIDEO: Someone Gave The Robots Their Own World Cup And It's Hilarious
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Sometimes All You Have To Do To Win Gold Is Not Fall Down
The women’s 500 meter short track finals ended in spectacularly brutal fashion when three of the four skaters collided and crashed, allowing then-fourth place skater Jianrou Li of China to rocket into first and take the gold medal.
Twenty seconds into the race, Park Seung-Hi (Korea) led Arianna Fontana (Italy) and Elise Christie (Great Britain) with Li bringing up the rear. Christie tried to make a pass on one of the turns and ended up wiping out everyone except Li, who went on to win the race by six seconds.
Here’s a GIF below, via BI Sports (footage via BBC):
The resulting photos of the crash and its emotional aftermath are just spectacular:
This is why you never, ever give up. You never know when your opponents will go crashing into the wall through no fault of their own.
Photos via Getty
- Filed Under:
- Sochi Winter Olympics
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Mark Munoz Scores a Huge New Contract
- 10 Hottest Female Race Car Drivers
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ