- Rams Coach Blows Up Tony Dungy's 'Michael Sam Is A Distraction' Theory
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star,James Rodriguez
- Could The Entire Clippers Team Quit If Donald Sterling Remains The Owner?
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Kremlin Denies That Putin Just Married A Former Gymnast
We wrote about this back in July, when Russian president Vladimir Putin took his wife to the opera, then in the lobby afterward announced that they were getting a divorce. No one was surprised.
He became the first Russian leader to get a divorce since Peter the Great, who in hindsight may have been only Peter the Pretty Average. But as far as Putin is concerned, rumors say that he was dating former Olympic gymnast Alina Kabayeva, who is 30 years his junior. Now it’s said they may have been married on Saturday.
Kabayrva is now actually a member of the Russian Parliment, but got her start in Rhythmic Gymnastics. Wish one of our Senators did elaborate routines on a large mat. As long as it’s not John McCain.
Alexei Navalny, Putin’s most charismatic political rival, tweeted: ‘I’m told that Putin and Kabayeva are marrying today at the Iver Monastery. All of Valdai sealed off.’
However, Mr Putin’s spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, later dismissed the claims as ‘an internet exercise to relieve boredom’.
Valdai is in the Novgorod region, where 60-year-old Putin was based last week for an international conference involving politicians and journalists.
His aides have repeatedly denied he is involved in a relationship with the gold medal-winning gymnast, 30.
Hard to imagine the president of a superpower could get married in secret: try that here in the U.S., or in England.
Meanwhile, don’t ask Putin for any favors for the next few weeks. Putin: ‘I’ve got this Syria thing, the Winter Olympics to plan, and I just got married … I’m swamped.’
Mrs. Putin in pictures:
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- Texans Draw Andre Johnson Trade Interest From Four Teams