- BREAKING: Swimsuit Model Nina Adgal Is Pretty Good At Basketball
- Insults From An Idiot: CNBC's Sports Betting Scam Artist 'Steve Stevens' Won't Stop Sending Us Hilarious And Incoherent Emails
- Roger Federer Could Miss The French Open Due To Paternity Leave
- How To Use 10 Different Machines Without Working Anything Other Than Your Biceps
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Kremlin Denies That Putin Just Married A Former Gymnast
We wrote about this back in July, when Russian president Vladimir Putin took his wife to the opera, then in the lobby afterward announced that they were getting a divorce. No one was surprised.
He became the first Russian leader to get a divorce since Peter the Great, who in hindsight may have been only Peter the Pretty Average. But as far as Putin is concerned, rumors say that he was dating former Olympic gymnast Alina Kabayeva, who is 30 years his junior. Now it’s said they may have been married on Saturday.
Kabayrva is now actually a member of the Russian Parliment, but got her start in Rhythmic Gymnastics. Wish one of our Senators did elaborate routines on a large mat. As long as it’s not John McCain.
Alexei Navalny, Putin’s most charismatic political rival, tweeted: ‘I’m told that Putin and Kabayeva are marrying today at the Iver Monastery. All of Valdai sealed off.’
However, Mr Putin’s spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, later dismissed the claims as ‘an internet exercise to relieve boredom’.
Valdai is in the Novgorod region, where 60-year-old Putin was based last week for an international conference involving politicians and journalists.
His aides have repeatedly denied he is involved in a relationship with the gold medal-winning gymnast, 30.
Hard to imagine the president of a superpower could get married in secret: try that here in the U.S., or in England.
Meanwhile, don’t ask Putin for any favors for the next few weeks. Putin: ‘I’ve got this Syria thing, the Winter Olympics to plan, and I just got married … I’m swamped.’
Mrs. Putin in pictures:
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley
- Paulie Malignaggi Badmouths Manny Pacquiao