- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Lolo Jones Makes A Vine Saying She Can’t Pay Her Rent Because She Got Paid $100 Per Month By U.S. Bobsledding
Lolo Jones, Olympic-hurdler-turned-bobsledder, sledded bob for the last seven months. Her paycheck? $741.84. She’s not happy.
But, wait. She’s has endorsements, right? She’s not poor! What an asshole, right?
(The video) wasn’t taken very well,” (legendary bobsledder) Holcomb told USA Today of Jones’ video. “People were really kind of insulted. You just made $741, more than most athletes in the sport. So what are you complaining about?”
Calm down, doods. It was a joke.
In response, Jones released a statement that read: “I don’t want to offend anyone, and I’ve always wanted to help out my bobsled teammates. Some of them have debt because they’ve given their life to the sport. My partner Jazmine and I had to raise money for the bobsled to be funded just to finish the season, because only 2 of the 3 sleds are funded by the team.
“I can’t imagine halfway through my track season having to stop and raise money to finish. The vine of the paycheck is just showing the difference between track and bobsled, and to be honest bobsledders work more hours than track! The bottom line is that all Olympic athletes dedicate their lives to their sports and do not receive lucrative paychecks like athletes in mainstream professional sports. So hopefully this will make people appreciate just how hard Olympians work, often just for the love of the sport.”
So, not an asshole. Just a funny athlete trying to be nice. This is why you can’t have nice things, bobsledders.
- Filed Under:
- lolo jones
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013
- John Fox The Sixth Head Coach To Lead Two Franchises To Super Bowl
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Dominates Denver 43-8
- What Has Brett Favre Been Doing After Football?