- If Michael Sam Gets Cut By The Rams, Who Will Pick Him Up?
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Buffalo Bills Season Preview
- What Happens To Zac Stacy Without Sam Bradford At QB?
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Men’s Sochi Halfpipe Final Live Thread: Shaun White Fails To Medal After A Brutal First Run, Finishes Fourth
The men’s halfpipe final is going on right now in Sochi, and through the first run, here’s the leaderboard:
Ayumu Hirano (JPN) 1st, Yiwei Zhang (CHN) 2nd & Iouri Podladtchiko (SUI) in 3rd.
You’ll notice that neither Shaun White nor his countryman Danny Davis are in there. Both of the medal-favorited Americans had bad first runs (Shaun White almost cracked his board in half when he hit the lip of the pipe, see above) which means they’ll need big second runs to capture glory.
Here are the two big falls on White’s first run (via BI Sports):
UPDATE, 1:11 PM ET: Podladtchikov had a fantastic second run:
— Skyler Wilder (@NorthWestWilder) February 11, 2014
Here’s that double cork 1440:
This means White, and any other rider for that matter, will have to beat a 94.75 — a tall order.
1:15 PM ET: The Swiss are killing it right now. David Habluetzel grabbed an 88.5 to take third place.
1:18 PM ET: Danny Davis was having a killer second run before falling on his final trick. The X-Games gold medalist won’t medal in Sochi.
1:23 PM ET: Taku Hiraoka jumped into second with a 92.25.
1:30 PM ET: Shaun White didn’t medal! His second run wasn’t clean enough to beat the top three scores, landing him in fourth:
Iouri Podladtchikov (@iouriamazing) is your 2014 Olympic gold medalist! Japan cleans up the podium with Ayumu taking silver, Taku bronze.
— Shawn Smith (@theshawnsmith) February 11, 2014
White backed out of the slopestyle event to focus on halfpipe, where he’d won two straight gold medals. It’s a major disappointment for him to come away without hardware.
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs