- The 6 Most Disappointingly Slow Fantasy Baseball Starts
- Kids Eat Free: NCAA Rules Athletes Get Unlimited Meals And Snacks
- Quote Of The Year: Pavel Datsyuk On The Red Wings Being Underdogs
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Americans Charlie White And Meryl Davis Threw Down Literally The Greatest Ice Dancing Performance Of All Time
I’m not going to sit here and pretend to be an expert on ice dancing. Apparently ice dancing is different from figure skating in that throws and jumps are not allowed and spins must be performed together. Think of pairs ice skating as an extension of singles skating, while ice dancing is like ballroom dancing, but on ice. Got it?
So here’s the great thing about the run that gold-medal favorites Charlie White and Meryl Davis (USA) just threw down in the free dance: You don’t need to know anything about ice dancing to know that their program was absolutely fantastic and deserving of the top score. In fact, their combined score gave them the highest-points total ever in an ice dancing event with 195.52:
USA’s Charlie White and Meryl Davis win gold in ice dance! 116.93 in the free dance, a total score of 195.52. pic.twitter.com/dd5ejdp1IM
— SB Nation Olympics (@SBNOlympics) February 17, 2014
Video of the run should be up shortly. It’s absolutely worth your time, even if ice dancing isn’t your thing.
This is the USA’s first gold medal ever in ice dancing. The final standings:
Screencaps via NBC
- Colin Kaepernick Finally Speaks Up: Is He Guilty?
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.