- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Olympic Injury Study: Curling Surprisingly Above Luge, Biathlon, Others
Many people were worried about their safety at the 2014 Sochi Olympics. Everybody has been safe so far… except the athletes.
The following study is from the 2010 Games and your takeaway should probably be: the numbers are mildly surprising, especially the fact that there are a decent amount of injuries in curling? And luge very, very few in luge and biathlon?
UPDATE: A couple readers have mentioned that Nodar Kumaritashvili died during a luge training run at the 2010 Olympics. An earlier version of the post was titled “Biathlon and luge are safe, curling kills,” and now that seems a bit insensitive. Rest in peace.
- Filed Under:
- Sochi Olympics
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success