- NBA Power Rankings: The Final Regular Season Edition
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Damian Lillard Kicks Off Massive Adidas Deal By Insulting Sports Legends
- Minor League Baseball Team To Offer Frog Legs At Concession Stands This Season
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Olympic Injury Study: Curling Surprisingly Above Luge, Biathlon, Others
Many people were worried about their safety at the 2014 Sochi Olympics. Everybody has been safe so far… except the athletes.
The following study is from the 2010 Games and your takeaway should probably be: the numbers are mildly surprising, especially the fact that there are a decent amount of injuries in curling? And luge very, very few in luge and biathlon?
UPDATE: A couple readers have mentioned that Nodar Kumaritashvili died during a luge training run at the 2010 Olympics. An earlier version of the post was titled “Biathlon and luge are safe, curling kills,” and now that seems a bit insensitive. Rest in peace.
- Filed Under:
- Sochi Olympics
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- The 10 Bloodiest Fights Of All Time
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?