- UH-OH: John Rocker Going On Survivor With A Gay Couple
- An 'Aaron Ramsey Curse'? When Arsenal Midfielder Scores, A Celebrity Dies
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 New Orleans Saints Season Preview
- 4 Rookie Quarterbacks Who Will Start And Have Fantasy Value This Season
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
If A Gay Athlete Gets Arrested At The Olympics, Shit Is Going To Hit The Fan
As we’ve told you before, the new anti-gay bill in Russia could be an issue at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi. NBC doesn’t seem to care yet, which is troubling, but the IOC came out (no pun intended!) and promised “hat athletes and visitors will not be affected by the ban on “homosexual propaganda.”
So, things seemed good-ish. Russia is fucking up, but their fuck-ups seemed limited to Russians.
A Russian official said gay athletes and visitors attending the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics will be subject to arrest.
This happened a few days after the IOC said the opposite, that they’ve “received assurances from the highest level of government in Russia that the legislation will not affect those attending or taking part in the Games.”
Well, that’s awkward. Clearly, there’s some miscommunication here, and we’re not sure why Russia would challenge the IOC. That would be bad for everyone. Right now, it’s not clear exactly what would get an athlete arrested, since this is a new law.
Hopefully, Russia gets it together before the Games, because if a gay athlete (or spectator) gets arrested, shit truly will hit the fan, internationally. There’s time, but this isn’t a good look for Russia. Stick to the fur hats.
- Filed Under:
- Sochi Olympics
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts