- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- ESPN: Ray Rice Scandal Was A Case Of "Misdirection" And "Scant Investigation"
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
If A Gay Athlete Gets Arrested At The Olympics, Shit Is Going To Hit The Fan
As we’ve told you before, the new anti-gay bill in Russia could be an issue at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi. NBC doesn’t seem to care yet, which is troubling, but the IOC came out (no pun intended!) and promised “hat athletes and visitors will not be affected by the ban on “homosexual propaganda.”
So, things seemed good-ish. Russia is fucking up, but their fuck-ups seemed limited to Russians.
A Russian official said gay athletes and visitors attending the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics will be subject to arrest.
This happened a few days after the IOC said the opposite, that they’ve “received assurances from the highest level of government in Russia that the legislation will not affect those attending or taking part in the Games.”
Well, that’s awkward. Clearly, there’s some miscommunication here, and we’re not sure why Russia would challenge the IOC. That would be bad for everyone. Right now, it’s not clear exactly what would get an athlete arrested, since this is a new law.
Hopefully, Russia gets it together before the Games, because if a gay athlete (or spectator) gets arrested, shit truly will hit the fan, internationally. There’s time, but this isn’t a good look for Russia. Stick to the fur hats.
- Filed Under:
- Sochi Olympics
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Beauty AND The Beast
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship