- WEEK 4 NFL POWER RANKINGS: Yo Guys, Come Check This Out We Have A New #1!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Week 4: Three Locks, Two Value Plays And One Shocker
- MLB Says They Will Speed Up Game, But We Don't Believe Them
- The Most Honest Thing Anyone From The NFL Has Said About The Ray Rice Scandal
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The Sochi Slopestyle Course Claims More Victims As A Norweigan Rider Falls On Her Head, An Australian Rider On His Nuts
Some say Shaun White chickened out of competing in the slopestyle event this year when he withdrew due to “injury concerns” at the last minute. And maybe that’s true. But he’s not the only one who thinks Sochi’s slopestyle course is dangerous, and today it claimed another victim: Norweigan snowboarder Kjersti Buaas.
Buaas was on her first qualifying run of the day when this happened (via r/olympics):
She ended up only rupturing a muscle, according to a post afterwards on Instagram:
“Oh snap…That was a real scare!!! Good news is that I only ruptured a muscle… I am so grateful it’s nothing worse, even though I have some severe pain in my stomach and back..” She also used the hashtag “#worstslamofmylife.”
There was another, less publicized injury on the course — Australia’s Scotty James tweeted this out after falling on the final jump of his first run:
Ouch! My nuts caught the rough end of the stick on that slam on my first run. Bring on Semi Finals on saturday. Your mine triple corky flip!
— Scotty James (@scottyjames31) February 6, 2014
Taking some cockodol so I can heal up before Saturday's semi finals!
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street