- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- Greek Soccer Fans Surround Stadium With Ring Of Flares, Awesomeness Ensues (VIDEO)
- Derrick Rose Looks A Lot Like LeBron James Now
- Fantasy Baseball: Is Miguel Cabrera Healthy?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
So What Exactly Does Russia Consider ‘Gay Propaganda’? For Starters — This Photo Of Canadian Bobsledder Justin Kripps
Russia is starting to seem like that guy who always calls everything “gay,” but by doing so, highlights his keen eye for all things “sassy” and “fabulous.” Canadian bobsled beefcake (excellent wrestling name if you’re looking for an alias) Justin Kripps tried to access his website over in Sochi, only to find that Putin’s internet censors had blocked a photo of the team, shirtless, looking jacked as hell. Because that’s inherently gay. Bro, put a shirt on…
[CBC] Kripps is in Sochi for the Winter Olympics, and discovered the page wouldn’t load after he logged into his website from his cellphone.
Instead, he saw an error message in Russian text.
He ran the text through an online translator, which said the website had been “restricted” in Russia. The error message says the website has been restricted for information prohibited by Russian law.
According to a Russian translator working for CBC in Sochi, the message said “access to this site website is limited.”
The message cited three possible reasons, the translator said, including:
- A court decision.
- It is a source which spreads information which is prohibited in the Russian federation and law. (Then it lists other addresses already on this list.)
- The website is using information from right holders that it shouldn’t be.
Dude, if this picture is gay, then the oft shirtless Putin is Johnny Weir. Seriously, does anyone else see the irony in a regime, run by a guy who frequently poses topless on horses in meadows, denying internet access to a photo of a diesel bobsled team on the grounds that it promotes homosexuality?
Also, who considers such a photo “gay propaganda”? Are Russian authorities so misled on the process of “becoming gay,” that they frequently have to avert their eyes every time they glance upon some muscly dude, in order to prevent them from switching over to the other side? How would they go to the damn gym? How would they watch boxing? This is ridiculous. Is Russia run by a bunch of closeted frat boys? I’ll be honest, there isn’t a straight guy in the world who sees that picture and starts to question whether or not Irina Shayk is attractive. That’s not how it works, unless there’s some inordinate amount of guilty bi-curiosity floating around the Kremlin, in which case, we apologize.
Photo via CBC
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed