- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
19-Year-Old British Olympic Diving Sensation Tom Daley Came Out Of The Closet In This Smile-Inducing Video
An athlete (sort of) came out of the closet today. He announced that he’s dating a guy and is happy doing so. It’s Tom Daley, 19-year-old British diving sensation, who won a bronze medal at the 2012 London Olympics. He did it in especially touching fashion, posting a YouTube video and asserting how happy he is. It will make you smile (unless you’re a horrible person).
“I’ve been dating girls and I’ve never really had a serious relationship to talk about and now I feel ready to talk about my relationships. Come spring this year my life changed massively when I met someone and it made me feel so happy, so safe, and everything just feels great. And, well, that someone is a guy.”
Daley, who won a bronze medal at the London 2012 Olympics, said he wanted to reveal the news in a video because he didn’t want his words to be “twisted”.
Good for him, and good job with the announcement. We wish him the best.
(I even looked at the YouTube comments and only saw one horrible thing, and many words of encouragement. Maybe people aren’t horrible.)
ALSO CHEK OUT: Is Kerry Rhodes not in the NFL because he’s gay?
- Filed Under:
- tom daley
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- I Could Make More Money at McDonalds
- Bradley Regrets Beating Pacquiao