- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
19-Year-Old British Olympic Diving Sensation Tom Daley Came Out Of The Closet In This Smile-Inducing Video
An athlete (sort of) came out of the closet today. He announced that he’s dating a guy and is happy doing so. It’s Tom Daley, 19-year-old British diving sensation, who won a bronze medal at the 2012 London Olympics. He did it in especially touching fashion, posting a YouTube video and asserting how happy he is. It will make you smile (unless you’re a horrible person).
“I’ve been dating girls and I’ve never really had a serious relationship to talk about and now I feel ready to talk about my relationships. Come spring this year my life changed massively when I met someone and it made me feel so happy, so safe, and everything just feels great. And, well, that someone is a guy.”
Daley, who won a bronze medal at the London 2012 Olympics, said he wanted to reveal the news in a video because he didn’t want his words to be “twisted”.
Good for him, and good job with the announcement. We wish him the best.
(I even looked at the YouTube comments and only saw one horrible thing, and many words of encouragement. Maybe people aren’t horrible.)
ALSO CHEK OUT: Is Kerry Rhodes not in the NFL because he’s gay?
- Filed Under:
- tom daley
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications
- Pistons Fans Start Petition For Rasheed Wallace To Coach
- Jeweler Loses $200K At All-Star Game
- Why Is LeBron Worried About Carmelo Anthony?