- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colbert On Husain Abdullah's Wrongly Penalized TD Prayer
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Another Day, Another Car Sprayed With Gunfire At A Little League T-Ball Game
In these troubling times, it’s important to appreciate the simple pleasures, like enjoying a tee ball game with your son or daughter. But if you live in Vallejo, I would suggest parking close to the exit. The guy in the picture here is Joshua Chi, 23, who was arrested last week and booked at Solano County Jail on suspicion of attempted murder and an unspecified probation violation. Why was he arrested? He got into an argument with a parent at a Little League game, and allegedly opened fire on the guy as he tried to flee in his car.
It happened during a T-Ball game for 5- and 6-year-olds. Chi is being held on $750,000 bail.
The shooting happened the evening of April 17 during a North Vallejo Little League T-Ball game. The altercation continued in the parking lot, police said. When the father tried to drive away, Chi opened fire, missing the man but hitting his car, police said.
Investigators did not say what started the dispute.
The North Vallejo Little League suspended games for several days after the shooting.
“It is our every intention to remain strong and vigilant against any negative influence within our fences,” the organization said on its Facebook page. “Even though we know we will sometimes disagree, we will strive to maintain calm, mutual respect and self-dignity while resolving all conflicts.”
Sometimes official league statements are way too obvious and ineffectual. This league president should have canned the corporate speak and written something along the lines of:
“It has come to our attention that someone pulled a gun during an argument at a baseball game for 6-year-olds. WTF? Are you insane? If you assholes don’t stop it, baseball is cancelled forever, and we will be using the rest of the league treasury to purchase candy and video games.”
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'