- To Be Fair, 31 NFL Teams Probably Agree With Tony Dungy's Take On Michael Sam
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Does FIFA Have The Balls To Revoke Russia's 2018 World Cup And Give It To A More Deserving Host?
- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Chad Johnson Will Be Freed Today, Has Perhaps Learned Lesson About Court Room Butt-Slapping
Is seven days a sufficient amount of time to learn that slapping your attorney on the butt is not appropriate court room behavior? Since we have no precedent for such a punishment, the answer must be yes, as Chad Johnson will be released from jail today.
Johnson was brought in once again to face Judge McHugh, whose controversial (over?)reaction to Johnson’s congratulatory butt-slap was originally to sentence the ex-NFLer to 30 days in prison. Johnson reportedly apologized to the judge for his actions.
Johnson was brought into the courtroom wearing handcuffs … and from the moment the hearing began, the judge blasted Chad for his history of disrespectful behavior.
But after the scolding, the judge agreed to release Johnson today — but extended his probation by one month…
The judge also called Johnson’s original crime — his physical altercation with now-ex-wife Eveyln Lozada — “horrific,” which sounds about right. Now that Johnson has served some time in prison (albeit for all the wrong reasons), perhaps the message has gotten across: Don’t be a knucklehead. Simple as that.
Photo via Getty
- Filed Under:
- Chad Johnson
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- Frenkie Edgar Slams B.J. Penn Seeks New Matches