- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
O.J. Simpson Is Back In Court, Trying To Get More Charges Thrown Out. At Least These Ones Aren’t For Murder!
O.J. Simpson is back in court. This time, not for murder!
O.J. Simpson will head to a Las Vegas courtroom Monday in a bid to have his conviction on armed robbery and kidnapping charges thrown out on the grounds that he did not receive proper legal representation at his 2008 trial.
Simpson, serving 9 to 33 years in prison for his role in a bizarre hotel room robbery in which the former actor and football star argued he was trying to reclaim memorabilia that had been stolen form him, has filed what lawyers call a “Hail Mary motion” seeking freedom. Simpson argues his conviction should be set aside and a new trial ordered because of “ineffective counsel and conflict of interest.”
Football player (I guess I have to throw “allegedly” in here) murders person, receives freedom in more unlikely result than Doug Flutie Hail Mairy. Commits other really dumb, yet less heinous act, throws legal Hail Mary, may again receive freedom.
The man is even better at finding loopholes in our legal system than he was finding holes in opposing defenses, and he was exceptional at the latter. O.J. Simpson is the world’s most elusive (alleged) murderer, in more ways than one.
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications
- Manu Ginobili's Shoe Exploded During a Game
- Jay-Z Hit With $600M Trademark Lawsuit
- Pistons Fans Start Petition For Rasheed Wallace To Coach