- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
A Love Triangle May Have Been At The Center Of The Oscar Pistorius Case, According A Text Message And Nelson Mandela’s Assistant’s Twitter
We recently found out that Oscar Pistorius, South African amputee sprinter and the former most inspirational story in the 2012 London Olympics, was charged with murdering his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. He claimed that he thought she was an intruder, that it was an accident. Then, we found out it may have been premeditated. Then, there was talk of Steenkamp being beaten with a cricket bat. The story is beyond haunting.
Now it’s starting to make a bit of sense, though. Reportedly, Steenkamp and Pistorius were fighting over a text message from a possible ex-boyfriend of Steenkamp, a rugby player named Francois Hougaard, shortly before her death. The ex-boyfriend thing is murky, though, as the Mirror calls it a “close friendship,” and Hougaard’s agent is saying he wasn’t involved.
Bizarrely, this all first came to light when Nelson Mandela’s personal assistant referenced the connection between Steenkamp and Hougaard, and a South African journalist retweeted it.
We don’t even want to think about what turn this all might take next.
- Aaron Hernandez Paid $6 Million in Jail
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item