- A Spurs Win Isn't Complete Until A Fan Celebration Utterly Confuses Us
- Meet LeBron James' 'Flopping Coach,' Frank Calhoun
- Bob Costas Needs To Get Laid
- The Truth About That Whole Robert Kraft, Vladimir Putin, Stolen Super Bowl Ring Thing
- FIFA Rules Male Players Can Wear Turbans, Overruling CSA
College basketball is the USA basketball competitive governance structure established by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). Basketball in the NCAA is divided into three divisions: Division I, Division II and Division III. The history of college basketball can be traced back to a YMCA International Training School, known today as Springfield College located Springfield, Massachusetts. The creation of basketball can be credited to a physical education teacher named James Naismith. During the winter of 1891, Naismith was given two weeks to come up with a game that would keep the track athletes in shape and that could still prevent them from getting hurt. The first recorded basketball game was played on December 21, 1891, and thus, college basketball had been born.