- Now This Is The Way You Play Foosball (Rio Carnival Slideshow!)
- College Basketball Top 25: So, We're Just Gonna Let Villanova Into The Top Three?
- The Fantasy Sports Network Has Launched, And You Can Watch It Live, Right Now
- Remember When Dennis Rodman Was Insanely Good At Rebounding Rather Than Just Insane?
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Three-Year Madison Square Garden Transformation Is Complete
The world’s most famous arena, Madison Square Garden, will officially re-open for business tomorrow after completing the final stage of a three-year renovation — which surely had nothing to do with the Barclays Center opening across the river in Brooklyn.
MSG calls the renovations a “transformation,” which is probably what I too would call something that cost $1 billion dollars. The changes to the arena took place virtually year-round, even during the NBA and NHL seasons. The final result looks pretty fantastic, though the change may shock long-time New Yorkers who were used to the purple and green seats of yore.
Check out a time lapse of the transformation here, which shows the additions of walkways above the court (which look kind of distracting, but okay, not our decision), a new entrance, new GardenVision monitor, a ceiling restoration and more:
And here’s a slideshow:
So, will the Knicks and Rangers still get evicted from this place in 10 years?
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success