- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Three-Year Madison Square Garden Transformation Is Complete
The world’s most famous arena, Madison Square Garden, will officially re-open for business tomorrow after completing the final stage of a three-year renovation — which surely had nothing to do with the Barclays Center opening across the river in Brooklyn.
MSG calls the renovations a “transformation,” which is probably what I too would call something that cost $1 billion dollars. The changes to the arena took place virtually year-round, even during the NBA and NHL seasons. The final result looks pretty fantastic, though the change may shock long-time New Yorkers who were used to the purple and green seats of yore.
Check out a time lapse of the transformation here, which shows the additions of walkways above the court (which look kind of distracting, but okay, not our decision), a new entrance, new GardenVision monitor, a ceiling restoration and more:
And here’s a slideshow:
So, will the Knicks and Rangers still get evicted from this place in 10 years?
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles