Ed Hochuli, soon to be not-locked-out referee and biceps extraordinaire, is a fan favorite thanks to his legendary workout regimen and robotic first down calls. TOO MUCH MUSCLE. Who doesn’t want to be Ed Hochuli?
But Ed isn’t just some bestriped meathead. According to SI’s Peter King, his work will be instrumental in getting the refs to “hit the ground running;” he held rules-related conference calls with all officials every Tuesday night, just to keep them on their toes. Brawn AND brains.
Though we expect his triumphant return to the field (hopefully this weekend) to be coupled with rousing applause, that might not be enough. To really go for it, we might as well throw some entrance music his way as well. This is Ed freakin’ Hochuli, folks. And he’s back to make the perfect game perfect again.
Here are SportsGrid’s picks for the best Ed Hochuli entrance songs.
1. My Hero – Foo Fighters
He is my hero. We’d probably start this one at the chorus.
2. Can’t Tell Me Nothing – Kanye West
HE WAITED UNTIL HE GOT HIS MONEY RIGHT.
3. Knights March – Hans Zimmer
March, knight. March.
4. Holding Out For A Hero – Bonnie Tyler
A hero, still.
5. You’re The Best – Joe Esposito
Yes, yes you are.
6. Take Me Home Tonight – Eddie Money
What’s that scent? Sex panther?
7. What Up Gangsta – 50 Cent
Not much, sir. Nice to see you.
8. Money – Liza Minnelli, Joel Grey
9. Respect – Aretha Franklin
Just a lotta bit.
10. I Can’t Help Myself – The Four Tops
You should be excited, so it’s okay.
11. I’m Too Sexy – Right Said Fred
Yes, you are. Look at your BULGING MUSCLES.
Photo via Getty