Colombia trounced Greece in the first match of Saturday’s slate, scoring at the 5′ mark to take the lead and never looking back en route to a 3-0 victory in Group C. The action headed over to Group D next as Costa Rica posted a major upset 3-1 victory over Uruguay.
The other two teams in that group? Italy and England. They face off at 6 p.m. this evening int he third game of today’s quadruple-header.
If you want to watch online, head over to ESPN, or use the WatchESPN app. Otherwise, the game will be live-streamed by Univision, which we’ve embedded below (just scroll down a bit and the game should automatically start streaming).
We have everything you need to enjoy today’s soccer, football, futbol, calcio, or whatever else you want to call it. So just scroll down, sit back, and enjoy.
LIVE UPDATES & HIGHLIGHTS
– We’re 15 minutes into the match and its scoreless thus far. England has three shots and one on goal to Italy’s lone shot, but the Italians have controlled possession 74 percent of the time. Stay tuned for more as the game progresses.
– Watch Andrea Barzgali stop what looked to be a sure goal for England at 25′.
Claudio Marchisio Strikes First For Italy (34′)
– Italy midfielder Claudio Marchisio finds himself wide open outside of the box off of a corner kick and finds a line to the back of the net. Italy leads England 1-0 at 34′.
– Here’s Marchisio’s strike that put Italy up 1-1 before England tied it.
England Quickly Responds To Tie It Up (36′)
– And England answers just two minutes later! Wayne Rooney finds Daniel Sturridge wide open on a breakaway for the equalizer. 1-1.
Here’s the goal:
– We are two minutes of stoppage time away from going into the half between Italy and England. It was slow in the early goings of this match but it quickly heated up as both teams scored within minutes of each other.
– And that’s the half. We’ll have more from Brazil when the last 45 minutes get started.
Super Mario Puts Italy Up 2-1 (50′)
MARIO. BALOTELLI. Super Mario knocks a header in to put Italy ahead 2-1 against England! Here it is:
– We’re at the 70′ minute mark in this one and Italy still leads 2-1. Each team has 12 shots with four on goal, but Balotelli’s header put the Italians ahead.
– Just 10 minutes to go and Italy still leads England 2-1 and seems to be in control of the game. England hasn’t threatened in quite a while and both teams look awfully tired, which the heat and humidity surely isn’t helping.
– And that’s it! Italy grabs the 2-1 lead early in the second half courtesy of a Mario Balotelli header and they hold on until the end.