- 14 Reasons Why We're Looking Forward To The Sochi Winter Olympics
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Opposes Washington NFL Nickname Change
- Goal Of The Year: Luis Suarez Puts Some English On It
- Why Didn't Anyone Want To Buy Barry Bonds' Outrageous Beverly Hills Mansion?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
AC Milan Stunned FC Barcelona Today, But Should Their First Goal Have Counted?
Surprising result out of the Champions League today: AC Milan emerged victorious over Barcelona, 2-0. Whether AC Milan played out of their minds or Barca was just off or it was all the Barcelona jerseys’ fault, the result was no fluke – AC Milan earned it by simply being the better team today.
But does that mean the win came without controversy? Of course not! AC Milan’s first goal:
You might notice that before the shot was even taken, just about every Barca player threw up their arms in unison. That’s because they wanted a handball called – and they weren’t alone. Here’s a still shot of what all the ruckus was about:
It should be noted that some people took AC Milan’s side, but the consensus was it was a missed call – and Barca’s Gerard Pique got a yellow card for protesting the non-call, to boot. None of this, we should make clear, is to say that had the handball been called and the goal disallowed, Barca would have won. AC Milan scored again later in the game, after all. But a 0-0 match is a lot different from a 1-0 match – different enough to make sure that plenty of Barca fans’ heads will hit the pillow tonight sure they were robbed.
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- The Least Classy Fans in Football
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10