- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Arizona Cardinals Season Preview
- Disguised Nick Foles Catches Fantasy Drafters Not Drafting Nick Foles
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Ajax Are Eredivisie Champions For The 2nd Straight Year, Ajax Player Drops League Trophy For 2nd Straight Year
It’s very European to reward the top performer in a sport with a commemorative plate. That’s still not a reason for Daley Blind (yes, that’s his ironic real name) to yank the damn thing off the display podium during their 2nd straight Eredivisie title ceremony.
Maybe it’s just a thing they do over there. Because this exact thing happened last year, WHEN AJAX GOALIE MAARTEN STEKELENBURG DROPPED THE PLATE OFF THE TOP OF A BUS. Good hands, dude. It’s not like you aren’t the keeper for the Dutch National Team.
But all these bütterfīngęred mishaps bring up an important point: If you’re going to deify athletes who only use their feet, at least make the priceless, antique trophies you give them balanced. Plates are like, the most dropped things in the world. Why not just make the freakin’ trophy an Iphone? That way, the next time they drop it, they can just wait two years for their upgrade to kick in, and replace it.
H/T Dirty Tackle
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Ronda Rousey's Acting Debut
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead