- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Barcelona Manager Tito Vilanova Is Reportedly Stepping Down, After His Cancer Relapsed
Tito Vilanova, manager of La Liga champions Barcelona last year, is reportedly stepping down from his position after just one season as head manager.
Sandro Rosell and Andoni Zubizarreta have called an emergency press conference at 8:30 this evening, when they will announce that Tito Vilanova has resigned as Barcelona coach following a recurrence of his cancer.
At the press conference, Barça’s president and director of football will explain what the club’s next course of action will be and discuss Tito’s replacement in the dugout.
Vilanova had a cancerous tumour removed from his throat in November 2011 before suffering a relapse last year.
The 44-year-old had surgery in December 2012 and spent 10 weeks in New York to have chemotherapy and radiotherapy before returning in March to see his side take the Spanish title.
Vilanova replaced Pep Guardiola as manager in June 2012, having previously worked as his assistant.
This is big, sad news in the soccer world, and we wish Vilanova the best.
- Filed Under:
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?