- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Bicycle Kick Goal By Thierry Henry For Red Bulls Is Sweet, But Announcers Go A Bit Overboard
I’d be willing to bet that goals like this are scored in Europe, like, every day. Kids in 10-under leagues over there are probably scoring on bicycle kicks right now. Even in the MLS, Thierry Henry’s goal in the video here is not exactly “genius”, as the announcer declares. Genius is splitting the atom, not splitting the Montreal Impact defense. “Goal of the decade”? Oh come on.
But it’s pretty damned good. Henry’s flippy bicycle kick goal — his second score of the game — in the 88th turned out to be the winner for the Red Bulls, 2-1, over Montreal.
“It was a good goal, don’t get me wrong, but at the end of the day we had to score a goal,” said Henry, via MLSSoccer.com. “It was not about how we scored. We needed a goal. … I’ve had the opportunity to score some good goals in my career but you kind of think about it at the end of you career, not right now.”
Leave it to Henry to add the proper perspective.
- Caroline Wozniacki Thought Rory McIlroy Breakup Call Was Joke
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?