- The 6 Most Disappointingly Slow Fantasy Baseball Starts
- Kids Eat Free: NCAA Rules Athletes Get Unlimited Meals And Snacks
- Quote Of The Year: Pavel Datsyuk On The Red Wings Being Underdogs
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Bicycle Kick Goal By Thierry Henry For Red Bulls Is Sweet, But Announcers Go A Bit Overboard
I’d be willing to bet that goals like this are scored in Europe, like, every day. Kids in 10-under leagues over there are probably scoring on bicycle kicks right now. Even in the MLS, Thierry Henry’s goal in the video here is not exactly “genius”, as the announcer declares. Genius is splitting the atom, not splitting the Montreal Impact defense. “Goal of the decade”? Oh come on.
But it’s pretty damned good. Henry’s flippy bicycle kick goal — his second score of the game — in the 88th turned out to be the winner for the Red Bulls, 2-1, over Montreal.
“It was a good goal, don’t get me wrong, but at the end of the day we had to score a goal,” said Henry, via MLSSoccer.com. “It was not about how we scored. We needed a goal. … I’ve had the opportunity to score some good goals in my career but you kind of think about it at the end of you career, not right now.”
Leave it to Henry to add the proper perspective.
- Colin Kaepernick Finally Speaks Up: Is He Guilty?
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.