- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Bicycle Kick Goal By Thierry Henry For Red Bulls Is Sweet, But Announcers Go A Bit Overboard
I’d be willing to bet that goals like this are scored in Europe, like, every day. Kids in 10-under leagues over there are probably scoring on bicycle kicks right now. Even in the MLS, Thierry Henry’s goal in the video here is not exactly “genius”, as the announcer declares. Genius is splitting the atom, not splitting the Montreal Impact defense. “Goal of the decade”? Oh come on.
But it’s pretty damned good. Henry’s flippy bicycle kick goal — his second score of the game — in the 88th turned out to be the winner for the Red Bulls, 2-1, over Montreal.
“It was a good goal, don’t get me wrong, but at the end of the day we had to score a goal,” said Henry, via MLSSoccer.com. “It was not about how we scored. We needed a goal. … I’ve had the opportunity to score some good goals in my career but you kind of think about it at the end of you career, not right now.”
Leave it to Henry to add the proper perspective.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen