- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Bicycle Kick Goal By Thierry Henry For Red Bulls Is Sweet, But Announcers Go A Bit Overboard
I’d be willing to bet that goals like this are scored in Europe, like, every day. Kids in 10-under leagues over there are probably scoring on bicycle kicks right now. Even in the MLS, Thierry Henry’s goal in the video here is not exactly “genius”, as the announcer declares. Genius is splitting the atom, not splitting the Montreal Impact defense. “Goal of the decade”? Oh come on.
But it’s pretty damned good. Henry’s flippy bicycle kick goal — his second score of the game — in the 88th turned out to be the winner for the Red Bulls, 2-1, over Montreal.
“It was a good goal, don’t get me wrong, but at the end of the day we had to score a goal,” said Henry, via MLSSoccer.com. “It was not about how we scored. We needed a goal. … I’ve had the opportunity to score some good goals in my career but you kind of think about it at the end of you career, not right now.”
Leave it to Henry to add the proper perspective.
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'