- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Breno Is Going To Jail For Four Years
Former Bayern Munich defender Breno will be spending the next three years and nine months in a German prison after being found guilty of arson. The Brazilian footballer, who is only 22, deliberately set fire to his home in Munich last September.
Not surprisingly, booze was involved.
The free agent, who was released by Bayern at the end of last season and was said to have agreed terms with Lazio, was reported to be in a drunken state when the fire started in his home, shortly after his wife and children had left the building.
Shortly before the verdict was read, Breno made this statement in court:
“I would like to apologise for that night,” he said. “I have not been a good role model. I am just a person who believes in God and thanks him for protecting my family.”
Breno is a talented-but-injury-plagued player who has repeated on-field altercations. Although promising as a prospect (as SB Nation points out, he was coveted by teams like Juventus, AC Milan and Real Madrid before Bayern signed him) the potential hadn’t panned out yet. Now, it looks like it won’t ever have a chance to.
Image via AP.
- Michelle Jenneke Shows Us What She's Got
- Ahmad Rashad Gets the Boot from His Wife
- Which Super Star Athlete is Kissing Carmen Electra?
- Doc Rivers Returns to Celtics