- The Cardinals Are Ridiculously Good At Blocking Field Goal Attempts
- The Saints Are The Answer To Your Fantasy Football 'SOS'
- Cheap Shot On Nick Foles Started A Brawl In Philly-Washington Game
- Ray Lewis On Ray Rice: 'There Are Some Things You Can Cover Up'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
It Could’ve Been Worse: Cameroon Dodges 2nd Red Card For Own-Headbutt
In one of the worst moves a teammate could ever do, Cameroon defenseman Benoit Assou-Ekotto headbutted his own teammate, Benjamin Moukandjo, after Croatia went up 4-0 in Wednesday’s loss.
The refs chose not to hand out a second red card, which is apparently possible if you headbutt your own teammate. The first red card was went Alex Song dropped an elbow on his opponent WWE style.
4 Reasons Why Cameroon Didn’t Get a Red Card For the Own-Headbutt
1. They’re trying to replace the chest bump, but it’s just not catching on.
2. The refs were former NFL refs, and they thought FIFA was joking that there is ACTUALLY a penalty for when one player headbutts his own player. “It happens that much!?!” they asked.
3. Since the Cameroon mascot nickname is the Indomitable Lions, they think of themselves as cats, sooo –
Cats “Headbutt” people because they make them feel safe, or they trust them.
— Fact (@Fact) June 18, 2014
4. Zinedine Zidane is their assistant head coach.
See? The Cameroon headbutt was a good thing after all!
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Catcher Struck by Jose Offerman Speaks Out After Settlement
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy