- Should We Be Concerned About Fantasy Stars Coming Back From Injury?
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 St. Louis Rams Season Preview
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
It Could’ve Been Worse: Cameroon Dodges 2nd Red Card For Own-Headbutt
In one of the worst moves a teammate could ever do, Cameroon defenseman Benoit Assou-Ekotto headbutted his own teammate, Benjamin Moukandjo, after Croatia went up 4-0 in Wednesday’s loss.
The refs chose not to hand out a second red card, which is apparently possible if you headbutt your own teammate. The first red card was went Alex Song dropped an elbow on his opponent WWE style.
4 Reasons Why Cameroon Didn’t Get a Red Card For the Own-Headbutt
1. They’re trying to replace the chest bump, but it’s just not catching on.
2. The refs were former NFL refs, and they thought FIFA was joking that there is ACTUALLY a penalty for when one player headbutts his own player. “It happens that much!?!” they asked.
3. Since the Cameroon mascot nickname is the Indomitable Lions, they think of themselves as cats, sooo –
Cats “Headbutt” people because they make them feel safe, or they trust them.
— Fact (@Fact) June 18, 2014
4. Zinedine Zidane is their assistant head coach.
See? The Cameroon headbutt was a good thing after all!
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?